Wednesday 25 August 2010

Art Nouveau Inspired Card

Been playing again!  MCS have launched a new CD called "Opulent" which has Arts and Crafts Movement designs on it.  However, being skint I decided to have a go at an Art Nouveau inspired card using what I already had available to me and here it is!  

The main background is a sunburst design of the main image made using MCS Pro, I have used Sakura Gold and Clear Stardust pens to add highlights to the "rays" (the effect reminds me of Tutankhamun's collar). For one of the mats I have taken a punched out design from the main image and tiled it and highlighted it in the Clear Stardust.  I printed the complete design onto a full A4 sheet and cut around half the mat and layer section so the centre section would stand upright.  I'd originally been going to leave it just as a flat print but having stared at it for a wee while decided to add layers to it.  I didn't give into the temptation to cut round the collar and shape the card further - will try that another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment