Sunday 2 August 2015

Love and Kisses

Well August is here and still the weather is more like Autumn than Summer.  In the garden my wee James Grieve apple tree has plenty apples on it and I guess, if nothing else, this wet weather should help plump them up. I pruned it for the first time in January and was worried in case I had taken too much off but all, so far, seems well!
 
This coming week sees my son get his exam results. The exam system changed here last year and instead of "Standard" Grades they now take National 4 or 5's in S4 but still take "Higher" Grades in S5/S6.  I really must see about making him a "Well Done" card before Tuesday gets here! 
  
For this week's  Freshly Made Sketches Challenge I decided to make my own background to use for the banner part of the design.
 
 
 
On a strip of card I used two heart stamps from one of my 29p bargain stamp sets to create a confetti-like pattern with a mix of colours from my Tsukineko Royal Satin Kaleidacolor Ink Pad. The banner and matching tag were cut from the strip and some faux stitching added. The tag was stamped with kisses and the twine was coloured with Promarkers to match the die cut "Love" that finishes the card.
 
 
 

  

 
 
Cardstock:
PayPer Box Hammered Ivory
Image Supersmooth White
 
Stamps & Dies:
Royal Langnickel Mini Clear Stamps - Hugs & Kisses
Lawn Fawn - Love
 
Inks:
Tsukineko Kaleidacolor Ink Pad Royal Satin
Letraset Promarker Rose Pink
 
 
 
 
.  

1 comment:

  1. I just adore that background you created with the randomly stamped hearts! And the little kiss on the tag is so fun! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete