Monday 9 July 2018

Baby, Baby

It's still sunny here in Scotland, so looks like summer is going to last a little longer.

It's been quite an unexciting week, with plans made and dropped several times.  We will get a wee trip along the coast & fit in a visit to one of the local cafe's for a spot of fish & chips - eventually!
Freshly Made Sketches Challenge






I had some papers with a diagonal lace pattern which came with a Joanna Sheen papercraft kit so decided to use that as a guide for the design.  The embellishment is a rose die which came from The Works.  I ran the die twice, once in lilac card stock and the second in white which had been coloured with Distress Inks.  When I cut out the white card stock I used a folded sheet of kitchen towel behind it and that gave an embossed, slightly puffy look to the cut out.  I took some Mod Podge and sealed the kitchen towel on the back to keep it all together and once it was dry I used a satin varnish used for decopatch over the top.








I have been working on some baby cards for my friend's card collection, I had a couple of things stamped out waiting for a card to go on so I decided to use the FMS sketch to make one of them.  This one for a baby girl uses the Woodware "Huge Baby" word stamp set along with the tiny crown stamp from another of the Woodware baby sets "Cutie Pie Vest".  I had been going to add "Little Princess" to the sentiments on the card but decided against it.






I did, however, use the "Little Prince" on the "Cutie Pie Vest" baby boy card that made.  I made a Distress Ink background and then used more Distress Ink to colour the vest to help lift it up from the background.  The "Congratulations" die comes from a small Dovecraft set, I used a clear embossing powder to give it a glossy finish.


















a

1 comment:

  1. Love the cards you've created! The embossed sentiment is a wonderful touch - your baby cards are fab! Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete