Saturday 14 August 2010

August Birthday Card No 3!




August Birthday Card Number 3 is the one for Dennis, a friend of my hubby who's nickname, apparently, happens to be Bush Baby (no, I'm not sure why either!)

I managed to find a picture of a Bush Baby peeping out of a hollow tree and thought it may look nice as an invertage using the MCS Die Cut Studio template and matching card stock.


I've used 2 backgrounds for this card, the main one is from the MCS "Something Special" CD while the Happy Birthday overlay is from "Back to Basics".

The torn paper effect is an image from Craft "E" Christmas' "Crystal Sparkles" which, after a few attempts, I eventually managed to use the emboss feature on (kept telling me that MCS had stopped working!).

I've used Sakura clear gloss on the eyes and nose of the Bush Baby and on the "Chez Dennis" sign but also used Crafter's Companion Spray and Shine over the invertage die cut area.  I've used Sakura Stardust in gold to give a sparkle to the torn paper image and used a gold metallic pen to go round the die-cut to tie-in with it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment