Monday 9 April 2018

Metallic Monochrome





When I saw this week's Freshly Made Sketches Challenge I had a couple of ideas in mind but as usually what I had in mind doesn't always translate well in practice!
I had a play with some washi tape and some paper strips but just couldn't seem to get past the planning stage with them.  Then yesterday I saw something on a Facebook group I belong to and thought I would give it a try - elastic band stamping.  Just take an acrylic block, wrap some elastic bands around it, add some ink (or in this case I used a watermark pad) and use it to stamp your design.  I used a copper coloured embossing powder and was quite pleased with the result it gave.




I have only a few sheets left of matt metallic cardstock copper and not been able to find it again but decided to use it for this - I took a rectangular layering die to the inside of it to make the most of what I had left for the embellishments.

I have been making cards to give to my friend who is housebound so that she has some to hand when she needs them.  I am trying to cover all occasions so this will be one for adding to the pack I am putting togethr for her.













2 comments:

  1. The metallic look is so pretty! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card! Love all of that copper! So elegant! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete