Monday 16 April 2018

Alfie and The Aliens

Well, still waiting for spring in these parts.  I can remember bringing our son home 19 years ago and the cherry blossom being out on the trees in front of our house. Today the branches look bare.  When we got married 21 years ago (give or take a couple of days) all the daffodils that were out in bloom across the town in the grounds of the church but in our garden today our daffies are only in bud (maybe they'll make an effort for Thursday!).


I'm still working on putting together a selection of cards for my friend who is unable to get out and about since her stroke.  Her Great-Nephew has a birthday coming up so I decided to use the sketch at this week's Freshly Made Sketches challenge to make a card for him.



Among my latest stamp acquisitions has been "The Blimps" by Woodware so felt that one of the little aliens would go well with some card stock I have had lying around for quite a while.  I've not used either of them before so I suppose for Alfie's card I'm going to be venturing into alien territory!  









After taking the photos, I thought that it might be an idea to use a googly eye on the stamped image to add a little bit extra dimension to the alien.





1 comment:

  1. Ha! This is the cutest little guy! Your colouring is perfect and I'm sure Alfie is going to LOVE it! Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete