Wednesday 17 February 2016

The Birds - Part Three




Yep, it's those wacky Bird Crazy stamps again!

I recently came across a set of stamps by Lindsay Mason called "Quips" that I thought would be a great fit with Tim Holtz Birds, so here are a few of my attempts so far:




Voices



For this one I created a splattered background using the Tim Holtz Stencil to give a slightly, dotty, psychedelic look which I (or was it the voices) thought would perhaps go well with the Lindsay Mason Voices Quip stamp.







 What I Used
Cardstock
Black - PayPer Box
White - Image Supersmooth

Stamps & Stencils
Bird Crazy - Tim Holtz
Quips - Lindsay Mason
Splatters Stencil - Tim Holtz

Ink
Tim Holtz Distress Inks
Memento - Tsukinenko
Promarkers - Letraset











Stand Out


The background for this card came from a card my friend gave me for my Birthday. The front had a filigree cut out section so it just had to be kept as a template for experimenting with! This effect was created by running it through my Spellbinders Grand Calibur with the paper covered by the rubber tan mat. The embossed paper was then rubbed over with Distress Ink to lift the design. The Tim Holtz Bird was cut out and attached with a 3D glue so it would, as the quip says, stand out!  






What I Used
Stamps & Stencils
Bird Crazy - Tim Holtz
Quips - Lindsay Mason
Splatters Stencil - Tim Holtz

Cardstock
Navy Blue - PayPer Box
Green - Crelando
White - Papermill Direct

Inks
Distress Inks - Tim Holtz
Memento - Tsukinenko
Promarkers - Letraset








Pigeon v Statue

This quip was the one that sold me on the "Quips" stamp set and I just had to have it for my birds!

I kept the background simple and stuck with an open air feel by using Distress Inks to create a grass & sky background.






What I Used
CardStock
Black - PayPer Box
Pale Yellow - Crelando

Stamps
Bird Crazy - Tim Holtz
Quips - Lindsay Mason

Inks
Distress Inks
Memento - Tsukineko
Promarkers - Letraset








4 comments:

  1. These birds make me laugh! I tried to get the Lindsay Mason Quips but they don't appear to have an outlet in Canada or the USA. Simon Says Stamp doesn't have them either. Anyone know where I can purchase them?



    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is a link to the company that makes the stamps - might be worthwhile sending an email:

    http://www.personalimpressions.com/product_item.php?supplier_code=LMAS01&stock_id=50934

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This UK supplier I use does international shipping but not sure of cost http://www.sirstampalot.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=67939

      Delete
  3. So cute! I have to have this set to go with Crazy Birds. Hope it’s in stock!

    ReplyDelete