Monday 18 June 2018

Cog Wheels


Hard to believe that we are already half way through June already and in a couple of days it will be the Summer Solstice!

Lots of frantic activity in the garden with birds queuing up to get to the feeder, so much so that in between the squabbles, fisty-cuffs kept breaking out.  It got so bad I went out and bought a second feeder to try and keep the peace!  I honestly don't know how they can get off the ground at the rate they are going through suet balls, meal worms and seed mixes!

I was struggling a bit trying to work out what to make for this week's Freshly Made Sketches Challenge.  There were a few false starts as nothing seemed to work the way I wanted it to.

Over the weekend I was working on some new boxes for my son's supply of cards.  He had handed me one of the originals I'd made for him which was looking the worse for wear and asked me if I could make him another.  I ended up repairing that one, which was a favourite of his, and a couple of others.  While I had embossed some of the cardstock for the boxes with a effect cog wheel embossing folder and had cut out some cogs for decoration from the Tim Holtz set I had.  It was when I saw the cut out corner pieces that I realised I might have what I needed for this week's sketch.



























2 comments:

  1. What a great card! Love the cogs and the copper and black! Very masculine! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The copper and black are great together and the cogs ad perfect for the sketch! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete