Monday 26 March 2018

Mushrooms or Toadstools?

The last few days have been a pain - quite literally!  The injection I get for my TMJ has been wearing off for the last couple of weeks and so the long wait until the next one (end of April) begins.  Headaches, earache and the worst toothache (pressure from the over-tightened jaw muscles) I have had in goodness knows how long.  I was taking muscle relaxants and strong painkillers and still the toothache persisted, then I remembered clove oil - only I didn't have any and it was the middle of the night so off to the kitchen and flinging things around the baking cupboard until I found the long lost jar of cloves.   Within about half an hour of sucking on a couple of cloves (tastes awful) the pain was gone!  It's amazing how the simplest of natural things can be more effective than mighty pharmaceuticals!

When I can't sleep and looking for things to do I sometimes will get the stamp platform out and make some images that I can colour in later another time I can't sleep.  What a difference having a stamp platform makes when you aren't very good at stamping right first time!  I got my recent Woodware stamp purchases out and got on with churning some out, some just stamped and some stamped and embossed.  I recently ordered a couple more but they won't be here until later in the week (I hope).

I had some images already coloured and had already been cut out in stitched circles and when I saw this week's  Freshly Made Sketches Challenge



I thought I might use one of those but in the end decided against it and went for a simple mat and layer style instead using one of the Woodware "Three Toadstool" stamps I had been colouring in.  I had originally coloured one in red like a traditional "fairy" toadstool and made it up but after looking at it a couple of times I decided maybe I needed a to be a bit more colourful instead and came up with this instead. For the band I stamped some of the grass from the bottom of the stamp onto some green cardstock and fussy cut it to make a foreground then added a sentiment and the small heart in heart die from the Tonic "Hello Beautiful Layering Hearts" set.  The shaded background gives the hint of a circle.



























1 comment:

  1. What a fun trio of toadstools - you've colored them beautifully! I love the dimension that the layer of grass gives the card. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete