Sunday 27 May 2018

Pandamonium!

Big Birthday has been looming large this last week or so and today's the day!  Out for lunch this afternoon with hubby and son joined by a few sisters-in-law and brother-in-law.  I had been dreading this birthday but once I got to the restaurant and was looking round our tables I realised that, apart from our son, I was actually the youngest one there!  I felt a bit better after that. 


I recently acquired a set of Dyan Reavely's "Shut up and colour" stamps and as the dark forboding clouds of Big Birthday approached I found myself drawn to using a few of them . . . 


This one had me reaching for Tonic's Rococco Mirror  






"Auld age disnae come itsel'!" was one of my Gran's favourites. She was right, in these parts it also comes with a bus pass! I already had one due to some health and mobility issues so that may have been why I was drawn to the words of this stamp . . . 



 This next one was inspired by this week's Freshly Made Sketches challenge 




When it comes down to it age is only a number so I guess it's a case of




My entry for this week's challenge uses 3 of the 5 cute pandas from the Woodware "Pandamonium" set.  It is actually a single strip of 5 panda stamps but I found it a bit unweildy to use (doesn't fit in my stamp platform all that well). I decided that it would be more flexible to use if it was cut into two lots of two sitting pandas plus a single panda who is standing.  I nearly split the set of two in this card up as well but they sit very close to each other and didn't want to damage them if the scissors slipped.


Not a lot of colouring required for this one; just the background and an outline around each panda, 







 Finally, I guess I did



Cute Woodware "Unicorn" stamp set although I really must get the "Fantasy Land" sentiment set that matches it!




No comments:

Post a Comment