Thursday 16 July 2015

Love Flies

The Open Golf starts in St Andrews tomorrow and over the last few days or so the traffic has been building up as people head along the coast for the practice rounds. No doubt I shall be awoken in the morning by the sounds of helicopters flying overhead ferrying those who can afford such things to and from the golf. I had originally planned not to travel along that way between now and Monday but I was reminded tonight that I have to go and deliver some craft stuff to my friend for a project she's working on and needs as soon as possible.
 
This week's Freshly Made Sketches Challenge is probably the one that I have found easiest to decide on what to do.
 
Over the last wee while I have begun accumulating more & more stamps and one of the ones that arrived earlier this week was a small Hot Air Balloon by Dovecraft. Yesterday I had stamped out a few to practice on and as soon as I saw this sketch I decided that they would be the shape I would use. I decided to go with the ones that I had coloured using various neutral & brown tone Promarkers to try and give a vintage feel to them.
 
 
 
 

I created a background on some ivory coloured cardstock by swirling some Tim Holtz Faded Denim Distress Ink to give it the appearance of  a slightly cloudy sky. 
 

 Cardstock:
PayPer Box - Kraft
PayPer Box - Ivory
Image SuperSmooth - White
 
Stamps:
Dovecraft - Balloon
Debbie Moore - Love
Debbie Moore - (Time) Flies
 
Inks:
Versacolour - Sepia
Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Faded Denim
Letraset Promarkers
 
 
 
.
 
 
 

 
. 


2 comments:

  1. Oh, I really like these balloons! Such pretty coloring! Great use of the sketch. Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you've used these balloons with the sketch! We've been watching The Open on tv this week, and now I'll think about you as we see the beautiful course and scenery on tv. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete