Sunday 9 August 2015

Cute Monkey - Hello There!

While we're still waiting for summer to get here I decided to take my son & my friend over to Glasgow for a day out.

As always on our trips to Glasgow our first stop is the Chinese bakery for a supply of pork buns (yum!). This was followed by lunch at one of our favourite restaurants in Saracen Street before heading off to the shops. School clothes shopping with a 16 year old male of the species is such a joy - not! I swear that it was easier taking him shopping when he was a toddler that it is now he's a teenager! I haven't decided if it's a male thing or a teenager thing but either way it's hard work!
 
For this week's Freshly Made Sketches Challenge I decided to use the small "Cute Monkey" Hot of the Press stamp set I bought in a sale a while ago but had yet to use it to make something - I thought this sketch seemed ideal.
 
The stamp set consists of the main "Cute Monkey", the "Hello there!" sentiment, a single leaf and a banana. I coloured a small piece of card using pastel yellow Promarker and used the wee banana stamp to make a background for the rear panel. The single leaf was stamped onto a small strip of cardstock for the banner behind the main embellishment. 
 
 
 
 
Cardstock
PayPer Box - Ivory
Stamp
Hot off the Press - Cute Monkey Set
Inks
Tsukineko - Brilliance Tiramisu
Letraset Promarkers
 
 
 


 
 

2 comments:

  1. Well this little guy is adorable! Such a cute card! Glad you shared it at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet card! That little monkey is so cute! Great colouring! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete