Saturday 6 June 2015

Summer's Here (sort of)!

It's June, it's supposed to be Summer so why am I feeling so cold & need the heating on! So far all we've had is rain and at the moment the wind is, as they say in these parts, "blawin' a hoolie" with gale force winds forecast!

For this week's Freshly Made Sketches challenge (No 189) I decided to go with some bold coloured cardstock for a change.


When shopping in Lidl yesterday there was a pack of craft papers with some lovely bright, bold, designs in it which just sort of leapt off shelf, threw itself into my trolley and begged me to take it home with me (well that's my excuse anyway!). Fortunately I also just happened to have a box of American Craft "Summer" 12x12" cardstock which has some similar colours to those in the new paper pack - had it for ages but this was it's first outing. I have to admit I don't normally use mainly coloured cardstock as a background so this is new territory for me! The AC cardstock was matted and layered onto white pearlised card.



Once I had put this photo up on the blog I realised that I had made some mistakes in putting it together - one being there are too many different floral patterns in it.  I also felt that the circular section was too big - nothing for it but to have another go!

I really must get some more circular dies as the only ones I have are from the Joy Craft Floral and Celtic Circles set or really dinky ones that came with the Spellbinders Sapphire - must add some to my wish list!  

 
 
 
 
I just kept to the same basic colours - a case of waste not, want not - as I'd already cut into the cardstock and there was plenty left over. I reduced the size of the circular section etc and changed the embossing folder used. I used the floral paper to create a couple of butterflies and had a rake though my box of bits where I found some aqua coloured sequins to finish it off.

I had some gorgeous Oriental Lillies left over from my Birthday so thought I'd use them as a pretty background when I was taking the photos of the cards - they smell rather wonderful too!
 
 
 
 
 
 
Cardstock:
American Crafts - "Summer" Seasonal 12x12"
Crelando - "Romantic" Patterned Paper
PayPer - Box White Pearlised 

 
Dies & Embossing Folders:
Joy Craft - Floral and Celtic Circle Die Set
Joy Craft - 3 Butterflies Embellishments
Spellbinders - D-Lites Sentiments 1

Darice - Poppy Field
Darice - Ivy Corner

Embellishments:
Sequins (from my stash)

 

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty! This is so perfectly cheery and happy! Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are happy and pretty colors together. And I love the beautiful florals. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete