Sunday 28 June 2015

An Emotional Week

Last Friday the oldest of my late Dad's sisters, my Aunt Nan, passed away a few weeks before her 87th Birthday so it's been quite an emotional week. Whilst I didn't take part in last weeks FMS challenge I did use the sketch to make Sympathy Cards for my cousins and her surviving sister.
 
This was one of the versions the others had the same sentiment but just had a different die cut.
 
As well as the Birthday cards I mentioned in my last post and Father's Day cards to be finished on Saturday I needed to started sort out what I required to create a floral tribute from myself & my boys - then when I mentioned what my plans were my sister asked if I'd also do one on her behalf as well. Fortunately I was able to source the foam frames I needed locally and still had some florists ribbon in my floristry stash box to make the edging pleats - just needed to remember how to do it as it's been years since I last did any.  After a YouTube refresher course I eventually managed to get the hang of it again! 
 
I went out to see what flowers were available and started planning what to use, with strict instructions from my sister that she didn't want any red flowers. I must admit I'm not keen on using red in tributes either. I bought the flowers on Monday, I went for white and green chrysanthemums with some Sea Thistle. I wanted to make sure I could get as many opened as possible for putting them together on Tuesday. I also had a look at what foliage I had in the garden would work best with the flowers I had - I decided on the Euonymus Fortunei "Emerald Gaitey" and some of the small clusters of berries from our Vibirnum Davidii.
 
I have to admit I got quite emotional whilst I was making these up and kept having to stop but got there in the end. I'm happy to say my sister was pleased with my efforts on her behalf.

 
 
 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment